Mould Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mould Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mould Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
When a home suffers a water damage event, a mould infestation can quickly arise and spread throughout a home in 48-72 hours. Because mould can produce allergens and irritants, you will want a professional that has training and experience to properly resolve the mould infestation. If you suspect that your Kelowna home or business has a mould problem, SERVPRO of Kelowna can inspect, assess and remediate your property.
Learn more about mould and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mould damage tips.
If You See Signs of Mould,
Call Us Today – (250) 899-9789
Microscopic mould spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mould from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mould removal” and even guarantee to remove all mould, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mould facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Kelowna?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mould problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mould damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mould Remediation Specialists
We are trained mould damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mould Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mould. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mould remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mould Remediation Process
Every mould infestation is different, from the amount of mould to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mould remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (250) 899-9789
- Inspection and Mould Damage Assessment
- Mould Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mould and Mould-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mould Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mould because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mould and learn about the mould remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Kelowna is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Kelowna community. When you have a water or mould damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2170 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: